MicroCool’s Evaporative Humidification Fogging Technology
For centuries, the principle of flash evaporative cooling has been used to combat heat and add humidity. MicroCool melds this age-old principle with the very latest technology to create advanced solutions for controlling humidification in a variety of applications.
1 Water is Forced into a Fine Fog
Water is forced at high pressure through custom MicroCool nozzles with tiny, 0.008” opening (a fraction of the size of a human hair), forming a fine, fog-like mist with billions of microscopic droplets.
2 Flash Evaporation Cools the Air
When water droplets evaporate, changing from a liquid to a gas, the surrounding air cools – a phenomenon known as “flash evaporation.” Millions of these droplets are evaporating every second.
3 Smaller Droplets are Better
Low pressure systems create larger, heavier droplets that fall to the ground, wetting people, equipment and surrounds with minimal cooling. In contrast, MicroCool’s high-pressure nozzles create fine mist droplets that flash evaporate and cool the air almost instantly.
4 Cool and Comfortable with MicroCool Fog
Evaporative humidification and cooling go hand in hand. When droplets flash evaporate, the air cools and humidity increases.
More About High Pressure Fog Systems
A high-pressure fog system utilizes a simple non-pressurized water line in conjunction with nozzles and a variable drive speed (VFD) pump to create fog. MicroCool’s patented ROC nozzles rotate 360° for easy positioning without tools. Multiple fog zones can be programmed with different humidity set points.
The effectiveness of any high-pressure fog system is only as good as the controller that runs it. That’s why MicroCool has packed so many features and technology into their Vector Controller unit. Efficient cooling with adiabatic humidification lowers operating costs, uses minimal energy, and saves money.
Fogging Technology. There is a difference.
When comparing MicroCool’s flash evaporation cooling systems to other methods of process cooling and humidification (electrode and steam humidification), it soon becomes obvious that MicroCool technology has many advantages in cost, distribution, and operation.
And buyer beware, as the market is awash with fogging/misting systems marketed by companies who make exaggerated claims and promises using low-cost, imported equipment that is primarily designed for domestic outdoor cooling situations.
MicroCool fogging solutions (whether IBEX or FOCUS), are designed for demanding industrial applications that utilize the latest in electronic controls and pump technologies. And, we provide the technical specifications to back up our statements.
MicroCool’s new-generation, American-made nozzles are designed to last longer and provide more consistent delivery than lesser, imported components.
- Unprecedented versatility — Instead of having every nozzle positioned identically, the patented rotatable collar enables mist to be pointed in any direction. This flexibility in positioning provides even humidity levels throughout a location.
- FOCUS nozzle systems — Each nozzle can be positioned and controlled separately to deliver fog wherever it’s required
- Integrated filter — Protects nozzle from contamination in the line
- High-volume drain valve — Nozzle line empties on shutdown to eliminate bacteria from forming in stagnant water
- Drip-free design — The nozzle closes after operation to eliminate any dripping
- Made in the USA — Equipment is assembled in our California factory using local parts and materials where available
Our exclusive powerful IBEX and FOCUS pumps are designed to deliver economical, long-life performance.
- Variable-speed drive — Automatically adjusts pump speed to water flow and number of nozzles, reducing electrical usage and pump wear
- Compact, quiet — less intrusive, can be mounted closer to production areas, eliminating long runs of pipework
- Saves energy, money — Reduces electricity use by more than 60%
- Extended pump life — Less wear and tear on the pump
- Inlet pressure switch — Prevents the system running dry and damaging the pump
- Pressure transducer — Maintains optimal system pressure for MicroCool nozzles
- Remote operation — Ties into external sensors, BMS systems (analog) and climate control systems
- Drain valve — using a PLC controller, the valve opens just enough to release the pressure, saving valuable water usage
- Built to 508 UL standard — Safety, reliability
- Powder coated steel frame — Strong, long-lasting durability
- 1-year warranty — Backed by responsive MicroCool service
Stainless Steel Lines
Simply put, MicroCool misting lines look better, perform better and last longer.
- Stainless steel lines and fittings – No corrosion
- 3/8″ diameter — More rigidity and longer nozzle runs.
- Innovative rotating collar — The ROC collar is a MicroCool exclusive, allows each nozzle to be rotated through 180° independently
- Corrosion proof, weld-free — Nozzle attachment prevents warping
- Made in the USA — Dependable quality
- Strength — Our stainless-steel lines are tested to 3,000 psi to ensure integrity